Friday, February 8, 2013

It's February, the month of hearts

Let me just tell ya Sista, we are really struggling down here!  February is a tough month, always thought I kinda liked it.  It was a month of good solid teaching time (not many interruptions), sweethearts let each other know how they really feel, Jump Rope for Heart, maybe some snow :)  Now, not so much!

Last year this time we had just finished a fun weekend in Snowshoe, WV and I wouldn't give anything for that trip.  Though I don't think you felt great, you were a trooper and kept moving.  You went snowmobiling...well that's what it's called but you were more like strolling along.  Thank goodness for the sweet guide that brought up the rear and strolled right along with you.  It got me to thinking about the last picture we took of you, so I started searching.  Sal must've snapped this shot-the date is 1/29/12 at 10:46 a.m.
Perfect...eating boiled peanuts, drinking coffee and hanging out in the kitchen. Such good times as always.
A regret...though small...was that you kept asking me to go tubing with you (this is the tubing crew without JH, he'd gone in to check on Em) and I never did.  Not a big deal but just another memory, luckily I have plenty to think back on!

Can't believe that this coming weekend is when you verbalized that you didn't feel well and by Valentine's Day you were in full-force non-stop nausea.  A week from this Sunday you went by ambulance to the hospital, diagnosed with a brain tumor that night and had a massive stroke by Monday night.  I mean, REALLY!!  I know life throws you curve balls but don't you think that is just a little extreme?

We're living down here, we really are but it ain't easy!  I'm just not happy about living it without ya.  I think about you all the time, you are never far from me and for that I am thankful.  You would be so proud of your girls.  They are such strong young ladies and are so much a part of you.  I see more and more of you in them everyday.  Good lessons taught, Sista, good lessons taught.  I'm proud of you-what a great Mom you were and your hard work has paid off.  Anna and Addie are thoughtful, family oriented, they care for others, they have a great work ethic but enjoy life too!  Sound familiar?

Mom and I talk most mornings about 6:30, it's so good to have her close :) 
We're working our way through this grieving process-

Well, I'll be back this week to chat.  By the way, thanks for the beautiful sights in the sky every time I drive to Columbia.  I'll share a couple of those pictures on my next blog.  I always know it's you, I can just feel it!

Love ya bunches Sista!!

2 comments:

  1. At at point that is almost unbearable. Tough, tough month. But God holds us close, knows our pain, and wants to help carry the burden. Let's do our best to allow Him to do that. Let's ALL hang tough together and strive forward with the love, laughter, and gift of living life to the fullest that Cindy taught us. I miss you too Cynthia - you always had my back girl! Love and miss ya beyond my wildest imagination!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't help but laugh when I read about the boiled peanuts. When I was little I remember the rush of excitement that would come over me when I walked into her kitchen and there were boiled peanuts on the stove. They always had the perfect amount of salt... a lot! Just how I liked them. =) I think about her every day without exception. I always loved how she called me "Lissa." Her, Anna, Addie, Mr. Jacob, and my own parents and sister are the only people who have ever called me that. And her hugs.. oh, her hugs! Karen, I love reading your writings and I hope doing it brings you some comfort. I know Mrs. Cindy's loving it!

    ReplyDelete