Friday, March 9, 2012

Her impact on my life - Jonathan Ingram

Karen, I am happy you started this blog.  What a great way for people to have a place to leave thoughts and memories of someone so special.  I am so fortunate to have been able to be touched by Cindy's life.  Both she and Jacob are great models of how to raise a family, love your spouse, and be the best person you can be at all times. Her love for others was contagious.  She could make you feel so special.  I don't know if I will ever understand why she left this earth so quickly.  I think part of my problem with that is selfishness.  I wanted her to see my daughter grow up to be an adult.  I wanted to have her sitting on our boat singing along to her current favorite song.  I wanted to share one more splitter with her under her beach house.  I wanted one more of her hand-hewn burgers or shrimp with Cindy's Edisto Sauce.  Just One at the Thirsty Fish.  Boat rides to Charleston and Beaufort Memorial Day weekend.    I wanted her to help me get through my short comings that she never judged me on, but instead helped me become stronger. Leaving on a whim on a Saturday morning to find snow.  Throwing something on the grill on the weekends.  Copper River, Thirsty Fellow, Travinia, Wild Hare.  Happy Hour at the white house after an Airport Football game.  Carolina sports.  Like I said, selfish.  Above all, I know that this was not the end for her.  I just wanted her here longer.  The one thing we can all see is how she and Jacob raised two amazing young ladies.  She taught them so much about life and how to handle people and situations with an open mind.  My heart hurts for Anna, Addie, Jacob and the rest of her family.  All I can do is move forward in thinking about all of the good she did for everyone she knew.  I don't know when the sorrow and sadness will cease, but I will never forget her impact on my life.

Jonathan Ingram

1 comment:

  1. If I had written before Jonathan, it would have said the exact same thing (except for the daughter part!). I weep every time I read this.

    ReplyDelete