Saturday, March 17, 2012

We Miss You - Ashley Ingram

We Miss You :)
From Ashley Ingram

As soon as I saw Karen's first post with the picture of Cindy painting and the "Cindy Rocks" written on the side of the beach house, this picture immediately popped into my mind.  This is one of few instances where it pays to be a bit of a pack rat, because I still have this picture saved on my phone, and wanted to share it with everyone.  This is a picture that Cindy and Karen sent to us after Jonathan and I had to come home and go back to work from one of our beach house painting trips.  I will also take this opportunity to add that when I talked to coworkers that day about how much fun we had painting a beach house in the HOT June weather in South Carolina, I got multiple raised eyebrows, and "you make it sound like you ACTUALLY had FUN" comments...but WE DID! As Karen posted, Cindy worked hard at EVERYTHING she did and always found a way to make ANYTHING fun.  That is truly one of the things that I will miss the most--her ability to turn absolutely anything into the time of your life. 



So, Cindy (and maybe Karen-don't want to take away any justly due credit) painted this picture on the wall of the beach house as they were painting that Monday and sent it to us...
The text message that accompanied the picture was "wish you were here...love you much". 

While I know that my dear friend is in an incredibly magnificent place, the selfish person in me misses her earthly presence more than my words can begin to describe.  For all of those reading this blog, I know that your sentiments must be the same, as that is inevitably what brought you here.  So I just had to share her own "artwork" accompanied by her very own words.  So, here we go sending Cindy her own message back to her...

Cindy, "WE MISS YOU" and "WISH YOU WERE HERE...LOVE YOU MUCH"... and will FOR ALWAYS...

3 comments:

  1. Can't take any credit for painting it, just taking the picture...that was all Cindy. Scott was on the side of the house working while Mom, Cindy and I were painting the back wall. Cindy got a little silly that morning-I think it was the days of paint fumes:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen, you had to take the picture because Cindy didn't know how to take and send it :)

    ReplyDelete